Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

hello my marathon running buddies!
happy easter! but more importantly - happy 'one more hard long run till taper time'!
i assume most of you are running your last 20ish run next weekend....and let's be honest...is that not the best news ever?!? :)
i'm pumped.
this weekend i ran 18 on the course again.....and at this point, i think i've memorized every nook and cranny on heartbreak hill (by the way, check out this piece on heartbreak...it will make you laugh....http://www.lava.net/~marathon/H_Hill.html.) it was nice to finally not run in rain or hurricane force wind gusts...though it was still a bit more windy than i would have liked....but i suppose the elements make us stronger runners, right? anyways, the course was packed with people training for boston, so that was fun and motivating.
today i ran an easy 8 along the charles....and finally switched to my race-day shoes. have you guys started breaking those in yet?

how is everyone feeling in general? hopefully no one is suffering from any major aches/pains/injuries.

also wanted to report that while walking around downtown boston today, i noticed that the marathon banners are now up on the lamp posts in the city!!!! yay...that's exciting. race day is almost upon us.

well....i will leave you with some images to get you psyched up.
enjoy this last week before taper time!!!
jenn







ps - mary, my FRIEND adam has done some more runs with me....and we've hung out a few times with other people....but nothing more than that. i'm still just trying to get to know him....will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Nodine said...

That IS the best news ever. I'm psyched. Tapering is fun! Jenn, I am a little jealous that you know the Hills backwards and forwards....but perhaps ignorance is bliss, right? (I hope.) I'll try to do a post later about my recent running adventures.

Megan D said...

Jenn, I love your link about Heartbreak Hill! I miss cheering on the Marathon all those years!! You guys are such an inspiration! :) Making history!!