Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend? Claud, how did the Coach Bubba race go? Stef and I completed our first 20-miler this past Saturday...it was a big loop though DC that went through Rock Creek Parkway, all the way up to Betheda, MD, and then back down to Georgetown along the bike path. It's pretty crazy we actually ran to Maryland...a whole other state. I don't think I've ever done that before. We ran with 4 other girls (3 of whom are also doing Boston) so we had a nice big group to run with...it definitely keeps it entertaining. I felt pretty good the whole way, except at the end I always get tired and start running sloppy...I definitely need to work on that! And my hips always get a little tight, but I guess that just comes with running really far and I just need to stretch a lot before and after. After the run, Stef and I made chocolate-banana (choc-ban!!!) pancakces and they were SO amazing! I added some Cadbury mini-eggs into my last pancake to make it extra tasty...it was a choc-ban pancake on steroids!! The pancake-fest induced my body into a food coma and I totally passed out on my couch for an hour...oops! But I guess it was well-deserved after running 20 miles :)

Yesterday I went to a power yoga class with Stef and I am really hurting today...which is a good thing! This class was pretty hard-core...I think we were doing the flow sequence for like 10 minutes straight and I thought my arms were going to snap. Luckily, they didn't :) Hopefully all these yoga sessions will make me stronger!

How was YOUR long run?

Caputo

No comments: